How we can help you
Thank you for doing your bit to tackle COVID-19, whether that’s going to work as an essential worker, or staying home
We’re doing what we can to help too. We want to do simple, practical things that help you and the wider community.
Here are some of them.
If you’re worried about paying for your insurance, please get in touch
We know lots of our customers are worried about the impact of COVID-19 on their finances.
There are lots of things we can do to help if you’re struggling to make your payments. We may be able to offer a payment holiday or spread a proportion of your payments over the remaining months of your agreement. We can also look at reducing your cover if your needs have changed or look at other measures we can take to support you.
If your financial circumstances have changed as a result of the COVID-19 crisis, please let us know. The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can help.
Please help us to support our vulnerable customers – go online first
Our phone lines are really busy right now because of COVID-19.
We’re trying to make sure our vulnerable customers, those in financial difficulty and key workers get to talk to us if they need to. You can help us to help them by reading our FAQs first.
Of course, we’re still here if you need us - but you might have to wait a little bit longer than normal before your call is answered. Thanks for your patience and support.
Are you coming up to renewal? We’re working to keep our premiums low
As a broker we don’t financially benefit from the fact that fewer people are driving and making fewer claims on their car insurance right now.
Being a broker means we can negotiate with our wide panel of insurers on your behalf to pass on the benefits they’re seeing from less claims, therefore keeping renewal premiums as low as possible.
Don’t worry if you’re using your vehicle to support your community or the NHS
If you’re using your vehicle to deliver supplies to vulnerable people, or if you’ve started volunteering to help the NHS by taking people to and from appointments, we want to support you.
You don’t need to let us know about the change in use of your car or motorbike, because you’ll automatically be covered. Thank you so much for what you’re doing.
Are you a key worker? We’re here for you when you need us
If you’re a key worker, we’d like to thank you for everything. A quarter of our customers are key workers and you’re our priority on the phones. We want to help you get to work - not keep you on hold.
We’ve invested heavily in new technology to keep many of our brilliant call centre specialists safe at home and have webchat services and FAQs available to you. If you still need to talk to us, we’re not answering calls quite as quickly as before, but we’ll get to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for all the sacrifices you’re making. Stay safe.
Frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19
- If I'm not riding as much due to COVID-19 should I reduce the mileage on my policy?
- Should I declare my vehicle SORN if I am unable to ride for a period of time?
- Am I covered if I'm abroad and can't get home, taking me over the limit my policy allows?
- My doctor self-isolated me, am I covered to ride?
- If I have breakdown cover on my policy, will I still be recovered if I break down?
- Will my claim take longer to be settled and will it take longer to get a pay out?
- I'm in isolation and I can't pick up/drop off my bike for repair?
- Will my medical treatment resulting from my claim still be happening?
- Not sure what date your MOT is due?
- I'm unable to ride my bike due to 'lockdown' and social isolation can I cancel my insurance?
- I have been furloughed by my employer, do I need to contact you to update my employment status?
- I am an existing customer and I have been made redundant by my employer due to COVID-19, do I need to contact you to update my employment status?
- My compulsory basic training (CBT) is due to expire but I can’t retake it as the centres are closed what do I do?